Re: funeral customs; Orlanthi Chariots

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 17:51:58 -0800

Loren wrote

> Beautiful description! I only wish that I knew that Heortlings buried their
> dead in Urns. However, it's got to be like this in some part of the lozenge.

As you now know, Heortlings do use urns.

IMG, the Ralian Orlanthi don't cremate, I think they use something more like a wood coffin.

Jarec asked

> Does anyone have any thoughts on the Orlanthi use of chariots. As far
> as I am aware the only references to chariots occur in the Arming of
> Orlanth ritual. Considering that the Orlanthi are for the most part
> foot warriors I was just wondering in a typical clan what percentage
> of the warriors/fyrd would be trained in chariot warfare and when if
> ever they would be used.

The Orlanthi are huge chariot users. The Ralian Orlanthi, of course -- there's another kind?
<http://www.pensee.com/dunham/ralios/ralios.html>

As for Heortlings, I think they use chariots only in rituals. They play no part in Heortling warfare.

--

David Dunham   <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html>