Re: Heroes and Gods

From: janjero_at_...
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 07:10:49 -0000

> > << I've been wondering why player heros get given jobs of any
> > importance. Starter characters, after all, are highly unlikely
> be
> > the best at any given job, with only 5W best skill. >>
>
> The way I see it the "But God, why do you want me, lowly Moses, to
> lead the Jews out of Egypt???" question is the key to good
narrating.
(snip)
> Babbles off. I'll go back to work now.
Thanks for your babbling :-)

Sorry to miss Melanie's point, but this stirs a question from my blackhearth:
The Gloranthan theists seem to me more "christian" or "ebrew" or "islamic" than Gloranthan Malkioni do. Why?
Because they admit an action starting from their god. I have a definite feeling that Malkioni are kin to Aristoteles or Plato and not to any RW religion (apart, maybe, Buddhism). Am I right?
*If* I am right, then why do they need a Church? Only to manipulate masses' power like the Kralorelans do?

Theogonically,
Gian