Re: Heroes

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_...>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 09:06:03 -0600

Benedict Adamson says:
>kmnellist_at_... wrote:
>> My understanding was that 5W was pretty high, and that the player's Heroes
>> were the most useful bunch of character to send of on dangerous jobs.
>
>Thanes have a 10W in a relevant skill; that includes all the weapon
>thanes.
>The Clan Champion and such like have about 10W2.
>The Tribal Champion and such like have about 10W3.

        So starting characters are good, but not spectacular. Really, I think they are the "best of their generation" -- not as good as their elders at the start of the story, but the characters are far from the heights of their potential. Good thing, too, because the Hero Wars will be a bumpy ride....

Peter Larsen