Re: [hw-rules] Re: Geas-breaker

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 16:59:40 +0300 (EET DST)

On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, Jeff wrote:

> > On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, Peter Metcalfe wrote:
> >
> > This has fascinated me since I got KoS. What sort of geas could the
> Red
> > Emperor, his sworn enemy, force him to break as Harshaltar was
> killing
> > him.
> >
> > -Adept

#"%"%%"!!! Posted this on the wrong list. Let's see if I got it right this time.

> Not using THAT particular sword in combat.

It could happen. In my campaign the PC Household of Death Humakti has teh geas "Wield only Ravenswing the sword".

> Failing to strike down an enemy with a single blow.

Hmm... doesn't feel right. The wording was so strange in KoS...

> The Household of Death had incredibly restrictive geasa in exchange
> for great powers. It may be that some of their powers, when used,
> would cost them their lives to use anyways.

This is the impression I got from Greg's postings too.

> And, btw, the Red Emperor is NOT Humakt's sworn enemy. Don't mistake
> the worshipper's needs for those of the god.
>
> Jeff

No, I meant Harshaltars sworn enemy. The Red Emperor personifies all that the Household of Death stand against.