Re: Community worship

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 13:10:22 -0000

Ernalda's Ernalda. Worship pantheon is more generalized.

> in Saird (using Worship [Storm Tribe]). Could a Sairdite Ernaldan
call on
> Orlanth's aid using her Worship [Storm Tribe]? (Or don't Sairdites
worship
> the Storm Tribe anymore?) Would she suffer some difficulty because
she was
> trying to call on the King of the Winds and not the Great Bear?
Sorry if
> these are weird questions, but how different does a "pantheon" have
to be
> to count as a separate Worship [pantheon] skill? I have less trouble
with
> variations in cult practice -- Ernalda is Ernalda, after all, but
the
> pantheons seem a lot more fluid and culture-derived.
>
> Peter Larsen

Worship Pantheon is the generalized rituals and prayers and knowlege for EVERYONE in the pantheon. Initiate/Devotee is for a SPECIFIC deity. Initate Ernalda won't help you when you're trying to get some magic from a different deity. But, since you already know the goddess, when you travel to a different land, its pretty easy to reestablish those rituals.

A different Pantheon is a different belief structure and often an entirely different set of deities. Celestial vs Storm being the two big pantheons that spring to mind. And moving from one pantheon to another is quite traumatic (see Changing Pantheons in play HW:RPiG)

Jeff