RE: Re: strategic and trade commodities

From: Gareth Martin <gamartin_at_...>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 14:09:19 +0100

> Aren't you ignoring the magical/mythical ecology of Glorantha?

Uh..doh? Yeah, but on further thought I was looking for more mundane stuff - I'll address the religous issues later. But you are quite right that these ARE strategic commodities.

> - Slaves

Although with fairly wide-spread discomfort with thrall-taking tribes, I'd not expect the traffic to be very large. And the Lunars don't seem to have rationale to export en mass, more a trickle than a river. This was originally on my list.

> - New magic treasures

Yes, although I really hate the "Ye Olde Magick Shoppe" convention that drops up in RPG sometimes - I'd be inclined to relegate this to the magic category to be worried about later. But fair point, given precedent in KoDP.

> - Soldiers

I would not think so in Heortling culture with so much local loyalty - I can't really see the tribes trading troops.

> - Clearwine (just don't drink the Clearwine made on Freezedays...)

Ah, not familiar with it.

Thanx