Re: Geas-breaker

From: Charles Corrigan <glorantha_at_...>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 14:08:39 -0000

> And of course, the Emperor can convince you that Ergia is a really
> nice place to settle and that Sir Ethilrist should move to Black
> Horse County as a reward for his services...

Harshalter (sp?) was just a boy when he devoted to (or became a disciple of) Humakt, at his father's coronation as Prince of Sartar. When he did this, many other children joined him in his dreadful oaths and became the Household of Death.

Harshalter killed the body of a god. OK, so the god took him out simultaneously by forcing him to break a geas. Killing the Emperor's body is something that few have managed - Harreck did it, which puts it in context.

The impression I have is that the Empire came perilously close to a dreadful defeat in the battle for Boldhome. Why was the Emperor personally fighting Harshalter? The Lunars do not have the tradition of the Champions battle. We know that a young Jar-Eel took part - had she already been driven off?

regards,
Charles