Re: Re: Geas-breaker

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 17:23:24 +1200

Charles Corrigan wrote:

>Harshalter killed the body of a god. OK, so the god took him out
>simultaneously by forcing him to break a geas. Killing the Emperor's
>body is something that few have managed - Harreck did it, which puts
>it in context.

Contrary to KoS (and I've had Greg point this out), Harsaltar did not kill the Red Emperor or even his then manifestation.

>The impression I have is that the Empire came perilously close to a
>dreadful defeat in the battle for Boldhome. Why was the Emperor
>personally fighting Harshalter?

Because he was a militaristic Emperor and fighting in battles was his idea of how an Emperor should act.

>We know that a young Jar-Eel took part - had she already been driven off?

She felt responsible for the Emperor's wounding (G:IttHW p105 - In my draft, I wrote that she was disgraced as a result).

--Peter Metcalfe