Hsunchen : What do they look like

From: sigaud_at_...
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 15:12:26 -0000

Hi,

well, my post seems to be lost somewhere in a yahoo crash, so here it is again :

I've some questions about the Hsunchen people (and a lot other, which I'll post later)

I've considered IMG that they are not human beings, and told my players so. It gives them another perspective that 'these dangerous guys running in the woods', but it raises a few questions :

Mostly, what do they look like ? In the pictures I've seen (french ones admittedly), they look like wareran humans... But I suppose there
are some geographical variations : bigger and blonder in Fronela, smaller for the Yak people in the Shan Shan Mountains, etc. But do these Yak-people look like kralori or not ?(that a yes IMG, not that the PCs are prone to see one one day).

Do they have non-human features, even in 'human' form ? The Basmoli have some I think (leonine eyes, etc.), but they're not Hsunchen right
?
So, do Telmori have yellow or pale blue eyes ? Might some reinder-hsunchen have strange feet or horizontally slitted eyes ? (if yes, are these ones considered holy or not ?)

Can hsunchen breed with humans or are they that far away that it's not
possible ? If that's possible (IMG No, but then the PCs can be wrong),
is there a 'dilution of hsunchenness' ? And is being Hsunchen inherent or a question of culture ? (nature vs nurture ?) Can a human baby raised in a telmori pack be accepted by Telmor and afterwards use hsunchen magic and adopt wolf-form ? And in the opposite, will a Hsunchen baby raised by a strange orlanthi family
exhibit animal features and spontaneously talk to wolf spirits ?

On the same subject, could two different hsunchen persons have children ? (by different, I mean different animal totems)

Well, it should be all for now,

   Philippe