Re: Beasts Valley

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 15:47:24 -0000

Interesting. I suspect he'll like Storm Tribe.

> So I need some precisions...
>
> Mostly, apart from the classical beasts in there (Centaur, Satyr
> maybe
> a Giant, even minotaur), are there any strange beings from the EWF
> still alive ?

Manticore, ducks, satyr and similar 'mixed' creatures.

> Are there still some Pain Centaurs around ? Is there a poor
> beast-human mix, suffering after centuries of life ? I'm thinking
> here
> about medieval monsters : awful mix of different creatures...

In KOS, it notes that most of the Pain Centurs either died out or became the Grazelanders (I think)

> Do Sphinx(es ?) exist in Glorantha (I still haven't AR, sorry) ?
> (every other greek monster seems to).

Not that I'm aware of. Of course, they would make rather nifty powerful _spirits_ and could then be contacted that way.

> I considered that centaur society consists mostly of small groups
> dominated by a stallion with many females, and some young males
> trying
> to exist around. And they are mostly an animist/chamanistic
> society. I'm wrong ?

That works for me. Unattached males become bachelor bands that tend to travel on the fringes of the valley, I think. They are also the ones that tend to become mercenaries, travellers, traders or emissaries.

Jeff