Re: Chaos-taints (SPOILER WARNING)

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 19:26:17 -0000

Chaos happens, unfortunately. Its like a disease: You can get it through no fault of your own. In stories of the Chaos Age, there are mention of just THINKING about some of the powerful chaos-gods would turn you into one of their minions (Cults of Terror, KOS, G:ITHW). Armies and kingdoms were casually expunged or transformed. Exposure to a chunk of a major chaos thing like that skull would qualify.

Chaos Is Bad Mojo. And, from time to time, this should be illustrated. Mind you, I usually use an NPC that all the heroes like, rather than a hero -- unless there's been a recent spate of stupidity on the part of the Heroes.

Any heroes that are wandering that far into dangerous territory in Snakepipe Hollow are asking for trouble. Its a very, very bad place. Everyone in Dragon Pass is rightfully terrified of the place. Of course, there are ways to get rid of the chaos taint (at least in HW there are) if the hero's brave, tough and has good friends.

Jeff
P.S. I've never gotten an expedition to return from Giniji in KODP. Ever.