RE: Colymar Questions.

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 06:23:11 +0100

Simon wrote:

> As far as I know Ostor Colymar is a PLACE not a he, it is located on
> the Lismelder/Colymar border.

Us Greydog Clan members have always talked about the "Ostor Colymar" as if they were a prestigious and wealthy Colymar clan. Clearly they aren't the wooden-pecker Orlmarth clan. Apart from that, who knows? (Not us: we knew about them before KoS was published, and haven't ripped our family tree up by the roots since).

A couple of members of my household have taken wives from out that way -- Cullain Blue-Boar and his brother Egrost. (Cullain married beautiful Alyssa of the Glen as her underhusband, which is an indication of the Ostor Colymar wealth and status).

> Also does anyone have any beliefs about Lismelder/Colymar relations?

Speaking only for the Greydog clan (and indeed the Hodirson household), some we get on OK with, some we love (cf. above), some we feud with (cf. Orlmarth in KoS). There are a whole lot of Colymar tribesmen ("too many," you might say), and only some of them are relations, if you get my meaning.

At a Tribal Kings level, who knows? Such matters aren't for the likes of us small folk: and with a Poss for Lismelder King, we're unlikely to end up on the inside track any time soon...

Cheers, Nick