Re: Loskalmi Occupational Keywords

From: plarsen_at_...
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2001 12:50:46 -0500 (CDT)

Quoting Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>:

> Wizard would be an advanced cultural keyword. Loskalmi Wizards would
> have some skills from their farmer caste occupation (which includes far
> more than just farmers) and also some knight caste experience (again,
> this includes more than just knights).

How proper is it for a Loskamite wizard to practice the skills of previous castes? I assume that military wizards are expected to keep up the martial skills, but what about a Wizard who specialized in engineering and building? If he practiced his swordsmanship on the weekends, would that be praisworthy, normal, peculiar, or wrong? What about Farmer skills? Is there a distinction between theory and practice?

Peter Larsen