Re: Colymar Questions.

From: ian_hammond_cooper_at_...
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2001 20:42:37 -0000

Simon Bray wrote:
> As far as I know Ostor Colymar is a PLACE not a he, it is located
>on the Lismelder/Colymar border. I just want an idea of which clan
>is located in that region.

The following comes from the glorantha digest archive. Sorry I cannot credit the original poster (the searchable archives are down - my apologies to whoever grabbed this info originally). It lists the location of the Colymar clans from KoS. THe map in #TOTRM5 is helpful in deciphering this, but now I expect out of print. I could scan it if the Tales crew (or whoever owns the copyright) was willing:

Narri lands: region north of and round Stael's Hills, up to the Creek. The reference in KoS to the Stream, regarding the "fish marriage", is seemingly mistaken, and should refer to the Creek.

Lonisi/Taraling: region east of Runegate, north of the Swan River, and south of Stael's Hills, and a smaller area south of the Swan.

Enhyl: lies round Ostor Colymar, from the Upland Marsh, to the back of the Upper Starfire ridge.

Varmandi: Tarkalor's keep, south to the Swan, east to the Rainbow Mounds.

Hiording lands: south of the upper Swan River round about Swan, between the Starfire Ridges and the Thunder Hills.

Orlmarth: Starfire Ridges, and the area back to the road south of the Upper ridge.

Arnoring: Old Tower, and the "corner" between the road and the Stream.

Ernaldor: North of the Stream, including Clearwine, and the lower Nymie Valley.

Anmangarn: area around Tarndisi's Grove, between the Starfire Ridges and the Thunder Hills.

Konthasos: The valley to the northeast of Clearwine.

Enjossi: From the Seven Falls (the rapids between Clearwine and Richberry(?)
Vale), to the area round the north-eastern limb of the Stream.

The Thunder Hills were reoccuppied after the exterminations by the Tree
Triarty: the Antorling, the Lysang, and the Namolding.

Hope it helps,

Ian