Re: Loskalmi Occupational Keywords

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 08:19:18 -0700

Russell

> Given that a man starts as a farmer, and if he can, progresses through
> Soldier, Knight Wizard and Noble, should he accumulate occupational
> keywords?

If it's during character creation, yes. (During play of course he'd keep the old skills.)

> If I am creating a wizard, should I also have farmer and Soldier/Knight
> keywords?

IMO he would have at least his previous occupation, but at a reduced value (if your starting level is 17, I'd make the second keyword at most 15, more likely 13).

Another way one could handle this is to have the Farmer keyword as a single ability, and require improvising from it (on the theory that you've forgotten most of your farming knowledge).

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein