RE: Re: atheists in Glorantha

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 23:10:08 +1200

At 11:38 10/04/01 +0100, you wrote:

> > It can. OTOH the viewpoint of believing Malkioni can also be
> > proved. And no, this isn't a contradiction but simply due to
> > the fact that both sides start off with different premises
> > and end up with different proofs.

>Hmm. I find this is making increasingly less sense to me.

Then refer to the posts that other people have provided about the definitions of atheism (particularly strong atheism "there is no god" and weak atheism "I do not worship god(s)").

>The above seems
>to make any necessity for the term atheism defunct;

I'm not sure what you mean. It is possible for a gloranthan to be a strong atheist (at least some Zzaburites believe this IMO) and atheism in the weak sense is an excellent description of what the Brithini are like (as well as giving them sinister overtones).

--Peter Metcalfe