Re: atheists in Glorantha

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 08:21:07 -0700

Gareth

> > Mmm, I think there are a few Gloranthan atheists (and I think the
> > Brithini are among them) who deny the Invisible God. After all,
> > there's not really any proof he exists. It could all be the working
> > of deluded (or corrupt) sorcerers or the powerful Otherworld beings
> > known as saints.
>
> I understood, from other conversationms, was that the whole point about
> their viewpoint was that it could be proved?

I'm sure it can. And I'll bet the Orlanthi can prove that Orlanth, not the Invisible God, is supreme. Thus O and IG are comparable. If there is any supreme being, He is higher than both. But His existence is not proved, so He does not exist.

But sure, the proofs convince most people. There aren't a lot of atheists in Glorantha.

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein