Re: Getting Vinga on that Elmal quest

From: bruce_at_...
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 12:04:28 -0000

OK, I won't. But I'll wonder about it all the same. ;)

> That's a small problem, we have only one, unplayed, Elmal cultist
> written up... I plan on a rather strange parallel HQ, with up to 4
> different heroes all performing the same HQ, for different end
> results. With luck & judicious cheating I should get it to work...

It's not cheating when the Narrator does it, surely? If 4 heroes go on the quest and all succeed, I suppose they can each pick what benefit they want from it.

> The Elmal cult on the website give the perfect opportunity to
> encounter a battered & torn Hippogriff, all you need is to restore
> his wings.

I just had a lovely idea. Elmal and Vinga know that they need to get wings for Hippogriff. Elmal tries using his old contacts with the Solar Tribe to persuade, say, Eagle to "lend" him some wings, and Eagle refuses.
So Vinga's response is: "Don't worry, I'll get some" and she heads off on her own to sort something out by either stealing them (just like Dad and the 4 magic weapons) or beating someone up and taking them (maybe this is why Ostrich can't fly, or something - Vinga once found this strange bird that she'd never seen before and stole his wings).

Regards,

Bruce