Re: Re: Orlanthi reincarnation

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 14:48:27 +0300 (EET DST)

On Wed, 11 Apr 2001 sigaud_at_... wrote:

> > I don't recall a Orlanthi with memories of a previous existence
>
> Well, I've never seen this anywhere neither, but just had to ask...
> That's a shame, a typically celtic part. But even if they have no
> memories, are they created anew ? Or do they have the same
> personnality, god-relationships, etc ?

In KoDP we have an earlier incarnation of Kallyr Starbrow. And boy does the sweet lass rock the Quivini!

I've always loved these themes, and I think strong souls can remember or retain something of their past lives.

I ran a game in 1400 ST, Sun County (Prax), during the solitude of testing.

One of the characters, Ainigma the Lefthanded, was one of those freakish lefties. He was a bit more though, since he had a hichhiker in his soul. the sould of a Dragonlord of Pavis, one of the half draconic humans of their once great ally Pavis.

Now Ainigma didn't know this. He was just concidered strange, and his left eye sometimes reflected the light strangely, looking like the "dead" yellow eye of a lizard. He had strange dreams, of soaring low over fields, and biting deer to death in a single crunch, and so forth...

He also smoked hazia (and EWF era mystic drug, in my Glorantha), and was one of those people who see the true from of things at sunset.

Another character at that game was Minos the Firespeaker, a young man trying to get accepted into the templars. As a young man Minos found that he learned the difficult Firespeech unnaturally quickly (he had a mastery of it from a previous life), and in his initiation to Yelmalio, he drowe off the monsterous troll (ZZ), and shot a bolt of fire from his spear at his fleeing enemy.

Minos had been a heortling thane and a follower of Elmal, and his soul still remembered some things and he was a bit of a difficult young man for the priests of Yelmalio.

But then, the acolyte in Minoses home village was jealous of the heroic cast of this young man, and _gave_ him the geas of total celibacy.

The geas was not actually from Yelmalio, but Minos didn't know that. So he had the drives of a normal young man (22), and struggled mightily with himself not to let down his god.

A Great game... I'm hoping to get a chanse to continue on it soon. The gamers are from a different city though, and we a having trouble finding a window of play.

        -Adept : who likes halfremembered past lives