Re: Happy Easter

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 00:54:23 +1200

Andre Jarosch wrote:

>Hrestol is the equivalent of Jesus in Glorantha (to some extent).

Hrestol is a martyr and the Rokari largely ignore him. If the Malkioni had a passion narrative, then IMO it would be focused on Malkion's Sacrifice. The last supper equivalent would be Malkion and his friends preparing the great spell to redeem the Cosmos. Zzabur would have a major part as the High Priest, Doubting Pilate and Judas Iscariot rolled into one. For the stations of the Cross, the Malkioni would have a description of Malkion and his companion struggling to complete the spell despite various calamities etc cumulating in Malkion's death and destruction.

The narrative would end not with Malkion's resurrection but by the survivors drawing upon his sacrifice to cast the Great Spell to regenerate the Cosmos (Zzabur's historical role in leading the spell is largely hush-hushed but the local Zzaburites do participate as their attendance is probably necessary for success).

Only the Rokari and the Atroxi would go for the pseudo-Catholic elements while the Loskalmi would play those elements down (because the Rokari play them up).

>Do do you think that there is a day for celebration / mourning for Hrestols
>death and ascent to Solace?

There is a Hrestol Saints-day, but not even the Loskalmi would agree that his day is the most important in the Malkioni Calender. The best analogy for importance that I can think of is the Shi'ite rites celebrating the martyrdom of Ali.

--Peter Metcalfe