Re: Gloranthan Easter?

From: GypsyComet_at_...
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 13:10:37 EDT

>>if the time from Christmas to New Year in our Calendar equals Gloranthas
>>Sacred Time what is eastern then?
>
>Sacred Time is the equivalent of Easter as it occurs around the
>Spring Equinox.

 I hadn't seen the reference anywhere, but my knowledge (and collection) is not encyclopedic. I can see something of a thematic equivalent between Sacred Time and both Easter AND New Years, since (I think) Sacred Time is also the yearly anniversary of the beginning of Time AND commemorates the single most important resurrection in Glorantha (of the whole world, in effect, though more obviously the return of the Sun).
 I'm not going to take this one any further, since this particular cross-exam of Gloranthan and real-world religions is already Off-Topic, IMHO...

GC