RE: Re: How Eurmal Lost His Stick

From: Bruce Ferrie <bruce_at_...>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 17:19:53 +0100

On Tuesday, April 17, 2001 2:59 PM, KYER, JEFFREY [SMTP:jeff.kyer_at_...] wrote:

> Actually, scapegoat is the perfect word for it. And I think they don't
> even need heroquests (I'm not letting the trickster wander off alone
> with OUR magic) but can be done with rituals. I start to suspect that
> the bigger rituals are takign the place of the 'static heroquest' we
> used to have in RQ.

But isn't the Trickster *so* plausible when he tells you what a good idea it is to let him do it? :)
You're probably right that rituals fill the role of the more "trivial" (if you can use such a word for this) heroquests.

> > I have an idea for a "Eurmal Gets A Hangover" myth/quest - the
> > trickster who
> > completes the quest gets worse hangovers while the folk who "support"
> > him get
> > less severe ones. Not exactly world-saking, but I know times when I
> > would have
> > given anything for that sort of benefit. :)
> >
> > Regards,
>
> Why not just join Geo's cult? They made him a hero for his 'cure
> hangover of everyone in room' feat. =)

It probably is a better idea, but it's not as funny if you don't get to victimise the Trickster. Also doing this sort of thing gives the Trickster something to keep them occupied and use their magic up on. If you leave Trickster sitting around with nothing to do, he'll only get bored and do something that you'd REALLY rather he didn't.

Regards,

Bruce