Re: Re: Veneration, Malkioni, Brithini

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 15:24:22 -0500

Jeff Kyer says to

me:
>> (as Mr. Kyer points out) that the average Zzaburite is considerably
>> more
>> powerful than other sorcerors and wizards by virtue of having
>> practiced
>> since Arkat was in short pants.

>Good image that. But some have been around even longer. Some have been
>around since the Ice Age.

        Yes, I realize that. I plead the defense of humor. Did Arkat wear pants? "By Arkat's Stygian Trousers!" shouted the wizard (it has that old Dr. Strange feel...).

>> magical wealth around. I confess complete ignorance here, but there
>> should
>> be some way to provide communal magical effects or other "blessing
>> analogs."

>I'd use special spells/Rituals on specific individuals boosted by
>community participation. That gets rid of our huggle-wuggly feel good
>communal blessings and gets us some high-grade precision magic. I like
>my Brithini ice-cold, practical and very, very scary. To them, you are
>just another resource to be used or discarded at need. But folks may
>differ.

        I kind of like the ideal of combining it all -- every week, the people get together and purge themselves of unwanted traits -- 60 minutes of venting fear, anger, desire, spite -- an outpouring of all the disruptive influences. A cross between primal scream therapy and Orwell's Hate meetings. Naturally, the Zzaburites suck it up and feed their spells with it. How would you like to be on the pointy end of 2500+ years of pent up spite?

Peter Larsen