Re: Re: Veneration, Malkioni, Brithini

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 16:30:42 -0400

Peter Larsen wrote:

> >Good image that. But some have been around even longer. Some have
> been
> >around since the Ice Age.
>
> Yes, I realize that. I plead the defense of humor. Did Arkat
> wear pants?
> "By Arkat's Stygian Trousers!" shouted the wizard (it has that old Dr.
> Strange feel...).

Damn. Now I have to clean coffee off my monitor.

> >I'd use special spells/Rituals on specific individuals boosted by
> >community participation. That gets rid of our huggle-wuggly feel
> good
> >communal blessings and gets us some high-grade precision magic. I
> like
> >my Brithini ice-cold, practical and very, very scary. To them, you
> are
> >just another resource to be used or discarded at need. But folks may
> >differ.
>
> I kind of like the ideal of combining it all -- every week, the
> people get
> together and purge themselves of unwanted traits -- 60 minutes of
> venting
> fear, anger, desire, spite -- an outpouring of all the disruptive
> influences. A cross between primal scream therapy and Orwell's Hate
> meetings. Naturally, the Zzaburites suck it up and feed their spells

Sounds more like "The Village." (Zzaburi Number Six is Declared Unmutual. Zzaburi Number Six is Declared Unmutual.) But that's a good analogy and a good image. But I'm not sure how emotional they are, though they appear to be completely human. It would make a good outlet for such frustrations -- in a culturally approved and controlled manner. (Oh god, now I have that terrible Star Trek episode with 'Festival' time in it going through my head).

> with
> it. How would you like to be on the pointy end of 2500+ years of pent
> up
> spite?

Not particuarly. But then, I don't go down to Sorcerer Town much myself.

Jeff

Someone Set Us Up The Bronze!
We Get Silver!
Good Afternoon, Gentlemen. All your Brass Are Belong To Us.