How long does it take to learn sorcery?

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 10:38:59 +0300 (EET DST)

Greetings all. The following questions are parhaps not so important in the story telling paradigm of HW, but I'm sure there are others than just me who want to figure out such detail.

I'm starting a campain in the West of Glorantha, the city of Riverjoin on the Janube, centered on an school of sorcery, the "Academy of the Indigo Circle".

I'd like to hear how young are people apprenticed to learn sorcery / wizardry? How long does it take for a student to reach Adept level on the average? Is the training in the best "all-day, every-day" style, or will the young characters have a chanse to learn other things?

Also, is it possible to learn simple spells before actually mastering the paradigms and principles of the school of sorcery? Is the first x years just learning the principles before the student can cast his/her first spell?

        -Mikko, the Adept