RE: Help! Seeking Rigsdal Info

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 11:28:26 +0100

John wrote:

> I was actually asking if anyone has tackled him from or his cult
> from a Heortling or Hero Wars perspective. Even as Polaris.

These aren't what you're after, but they may help. Note that Yahoogroups may zap the URLs. Reassemble them yourself, there's a good fellow...

http://www.gloranthadigest.com/message_list.php?search=Rigsdal&what=body&cri teria=keywords

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~janewill/gloranth/kallyr/polaris.htm

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~janewill/gloranth/polaris.htm

In general, I'd go with anything Jane Williams says: she's thought more about this than anyone else. But her site hasn't been revised for these new-fangled "Rigsdal" ideas, so it's still all about why an Orlanthi (Kallyr) would choose to worship a Yelmic deity, Polaris. Still excellent stuff, though, and likely to get even easier with Rigsdal in play. (Frex, "How Polaris Joined Orlanth's Household" is a fine story, and probably translates to Rigsdal with no issues at all).

Cheers, Nick