Re: Happy Easter

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 09:12:51 -0400

Peter Metcalfe wrote:

> Digressing a bit, I don't think everything spectacular that
> non-Zzaburi can do is the result of a Zzaburi spell. IMO by
> following the logical laws of their caste, the non-Zzaburi
> can become powerful in their own way. A Horal could be
> blindingly fast in conflict, march continuously for at least
> a week or he could shrug off the weapon-blows of lesser men
> because his fidelity to the Eternal Laws has lifted him
> above mere mortals.

This works for me. Magic AND Training. HW is not RQ so we have that spectrum of skill that can just keep on getting better. They aren't mortals (anymore?). But it does give good method to make the Brithini a terrifying experience. Since they usually don't bother others unless pestered, getting their attention is usually your fault.

I'd hate to face a _bunch_ of Horal with Close Combat at 10w3 + Zzaburi enhancement.

> They have all the time in the world to recover.
>
> --Peter Metcalfe

And they didn't need that free will or imaginatin anyways. They might listen to that Malkion fellow we had killed and we'd lose more of our valuable workers.

Jeff Kyer

"Ceasar, having subdued the Beta Reticulans, fortified the starport with ramparts and ditches."