Re: How long does it take to learn sorcery?

From: Jeff <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 18:21:50 -0000

Its workable. Particularly in areas where either the magi...ooops, WIZARDS are expanding into more pagan areas. Its especially useful if you are a part of an order that is either cloistered or politically/theologically suspect.

> Also, you mention of Lunar sorcerors reminded me: how fo they
> reconcile their sorcerous learning with their lunar faith(s)? DO
> they just attribute the workings of sorcery to Sedenya (or whichever
> name of moon goddess is appropriate)?

The Goddess IS the Creator's Handmaiden. But Carmanian and Lunar sorcerers are far beyond the pale of the Malkioni. I don't think Malkioni would even recognize them as sorcerers.

If you check in the archives on this list and on Hw-rules, there was an extensive, VIGOROUS discussion about sorcery, Lunars, Carmainans and the price of tea in Glamour which might be interesting to read. Martin L, who is writing the Lunar book, had a fair number of comments on Lunar sorcerous practices.

Hope this helps,

Jeff