Re: Re: How long does it take to learn sorcery?

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 15:55:31 -0400

"Richard, Jeff" wrote:

> >There's the old story (probably apocryphal) of a student
> sitting
> the Tripos (exams in
> >Cantabridgean-speak), demanding a flagon of ale and bread,
> which as
> a gentleman he
> >was entitled under the Statutes of the University, and then
> three
> weeks later getting
> >fined for not wearing a sword.
>
> I've heard this story told from about a dozen Oxonians - who of course
> claim
> it as part of the lore of their University.
>
> Jeff

Very cool. There's a good writeup on Cambridge (in a fast forward mode) in Pendragon's Blood and Lust, (I think! Correct me please?) which talks about teh sheer violence and squalor of university in the medieval and renaisance period.

I think that, assuming you don't irk any of your Brithini proctors and instructors, Sog University might be a heck of a place to do some campaigning.

Jeff