RE: Re: How long does it take to learn sorcery?

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 23:21:22 +0100

Mikko wrote:

>> Also, you mention of Lunar sorcerors reminded me: how fo they >> reconcile their sorcerous learning with their lunar faith(s)?

> G:IttHW gave me the impression that they use the energy(essense) of the
> red moon to power their magic. So while the Theist followers of Sedenya
> rely on the goddesses skill and power, the lunar sorcerers manipulate
> the raw energy and runic power of the red moon.

This is how I present Arrolian sorcery in the upcoming Tales article. Arrolian sorcerers derive their power from the Red Moon itself, and not from any Lunar deities. They can, of course, give misapplied worship or veneration to Lunar deities, just as Arrolian theistic worshippers can access Arrolian sorcery through misapplied worship. Most don't bother, though. (Profuse thanks to Peter Metcalfe for putting me on the right track here).

Cheers, Nick