Re: carrion birds

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 20:45:51 -0000

> The statistics are needed though, when the opposing side has magic
in
> the same league. For instance when the Lunars are storming Boldhome,
and

Then they cancel out, I think.

> the defenders have a champion of the Houselhold of Death carries the
> banner to battle, I'm going to have to have some figures.

Why? Its more story. While I think that the statistics are useful, I think that when you're dealing with armies and masses of magic, one should rely on story rather than the clatter of dice.

> I'm sure the banners magic will ensure victory, though it can be of
> phyrric proportions, unless really strong magic is present to
counter /
> dispell the power of the banner.

Then they cancel out. Your blue monkey neutralizes my red swizzlestick. Unless its considered astronomically powerful, at the large-battle-scale of things, most things are pretty much equal.

> So I basically need to know in what league the banners dweomer is.
And

Its something from KODP that many players of HW like. Its not exactly something from 'offical' continuity. I fear that things don't get handed out on a platter all that often...

In my own opinion, its better to rely on your own judgement and write ones own grimoire. The Abiding Book, afterall, was only written once.

> incidentally in what league is the Crimson Emperor's sorcery (as the
> Sartarites see it) when he's fighting abroad.

We have no idea.

> Modest, aren't I. Not asking for much :)

Jeff