RE: carrion birds

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 22:33:02 -0700

Mikko Rintasaari says:

>Indeed. I think it was Humakt's way of saying "Dark the raven's wing,
>that shades the brow of Salinarg", or some such. Basically, a warning
>that the shadow of death was over Sartar (as it was, with the Lunar
>empire gearing up for war, and the spiritual/mythical assaults well on
>their way, it seems.

        I had a terrible flash on the way home from work today -- Humakti have a terrible time of it, always getting screwed up by thoses geases. What if their is no Humakt? That's right, he's just a mask for Eurmal! But it doesn't stop there, there's lots of god with suspicious stories. Orlanth, who screws stuff up and makes a lot of noise fixing it? Eurmal. Yelm, who can't decide whether to be alive or dead? Eurmal. Thanatar, whose woshippers' secrets are always at risk to a bad gift roll? Eurmal. Storm Bull? Eurmal. Malkion (he can't make up his mind, either)? Eurmal. Yes! All the Gods are Eurmal!!!! Every face is just another mask behind which you find -- Eurmal! Tough luck, mac, it's Eurmal all the way down....

        Ugh. It'ds really time to stop drinking and go to bed.

Peter Larsen