RE: Digest Number 405

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_...>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 09:19:02 -0500

Loren Miller says:

>On the other hand, mardis gras is the celebration of the end of winter
>before a month of lent for fasting and deprivation, and at the end of lent
>is holy week with lots of celebrations and worship services.

        Ha! I concede completely. I seem to have a blind spot about Mardi Gras, which is unsurprisnig, as I grew up in a norther protestant home. Yes, the imagery and positioning of the Easter cycle is a good approximation of Sacred Time. (although 40 days of fasting doesn't really suit the Heortlings, I'd think -- perhaps the Pelorians fast during Storm (victory of the Rebels and all). Thanks!

Peter Larsen