Re: Woodcuts; Humakt's Raven Banner

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 13:46:32 -0700

Roland

>I believe I've noticed an error in one of the woodcuts. Barntar is
>shown smiling calmly and holding a plow.
>
>Judging by the Barntari advisors I've seen in King of Dragon Pass, he
>should probably be shown wild-eyed, shouting a warcry, with a
>greatsword in one hand and a greataxe in the other. The basket in
>front of him is fine, but it should contain three Orlmarthi heads.

I think KoDP is completely true to our experiences in the Varmandi campaign...

Mikko

>They are _so_ very fed up with farming. That 60% of your time for a
>Barntar devotee must really take it's toll on a man. ;D

I don't believe that most of the clan leaders in KoDP are devotees. (The Elmali heroquester who shows up undoubtedly is, and probably anyone who's called a "hero" qualifies.)

>Also in KoDP we see the EWF era Ravin Banner, sacred to Humakt, that
>guarantees victory in battle, but cost's the bearer his/her life.
>
>(I wonder how to translate this to HW rules. What does the banner
>actually do?)

Just what you said: it guarantees victory and the standard bearer dies. That's what it does.

I think waving it draws Humakt's attention.

Jeff

>When I used the Raven Banner (which is a concept older than KODP)

If memory's correct, the original was called "Landwaster" and was owned by the Earl of the Orkneys.

David Dunham dunham_at_...
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein