Re: Campaign characters

From: Nick_at_...
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 12:57:05 -0000

In the Greydog Campaign (which started *way* back when in RQ days, and has been through a couple of rules systems since on the way to Hero Wars), we have:

a politically ambitious Shield Boy initiate of Orlanth Adventurous
(with the flaw: "incapable of doing any practical work")

a Sword of Indrodar Greydog, the local Humakt subcult: now a severed foreigner (who can only get it up after he's killed somebody)

a Weaponthane initiate of Orlanth Adventurous and Yinkin & Odayla
(who can mate with pigs, and who once stole his Humakti brother's
sword to slay a Solar foe)

a wyrd warrior initiate of Orlanth Adventurous and Odayla (a former nithing, now accepted back into the clan)

a Cow Master initiate of Orlanth Adventurous and Yinkin & Odayla (who moos when emotional and gets headaches in the presence of Moon Magic)

a cocky young shepherd troll-friend, initiate of Orlanth Adventurous and Voriof (who has also cut a swathe through the local women)

an angry young Vingan with Babeester Gori leanings (who coloured her hair and her armour red, just to spite the boys)

And several visiting others, most recently a knight from Heortland
(related to a Heortland squire we carelessly lost heroquesting), a
distant kinsman from Pavis (returning to the homeland to learn the secrets of beer from the master brewer of Greydog Village), and of course Big Hralf (the biggest man in the clan).

There's been a lot of fighting, a lot of talking, and a whole lot of politics going on. The game started over a decade ago, so we didn't have access to the full "Thunder Rebels" cast of characters at the beginning. That said, it's pretty clear that the clan tends to favour the Destor Adventurous aspect of Orlanth...

Cheers, Nick