Re: playing a smith

From: gamartin_at_...
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 20:11:41 -0000

> Our adventures can fit pretty easily into the remaining 40%.
Perhaps
> if your group plays each day out you'd have trouble with characters
> like a smith.

Yeah, you can go a long way with characters like this, possibly by addressing them much as you would a godi. I agree that their smithing practice is in effect devotion, and this can be used for plot hooks - there are quite number of tales around smiths, shoeing the devils horse, being asked to make impossible things with impossible materials, or being responsible for the creation of some terrible thing. Basically I'd harp up the mystic side of metalworking.