Re: characters played

From: melstra_at_...
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 02:51:39 -0000

After weeks of reading these postings and sitting in on a couple games, listening to the odd HW sermon (whose preacher shall remain nameless) and poking through a bit of Thunder Rebels, I still feel pretty confused about the world of Glorantha (Ok, so I have a dissertation to write and haven't been focusing on this aspect of my education). Recently, my boyfriend presented me with a copy of KoDP to assist my education. If after all this time, he still feels that the game is the way I'll really get a feel for the world, I think that speaks volumes. I haven't had a chance to install it yet, but in looking at the game box, I think it will be a fun way to learn. I suspect that if I were able to sit in on his group on a more regular basis (choosing a minor character of some type), that would work just as well, but alas that's not possible yet. There is definitely something to be said for learning by doing.I'll keep you posted on the results once I've actually played...

I might suggest that KoDP seems not a bad way to help non-gamers to understand their gaming friends/spouses/offspring, as well.

Long live the King! (At least until I can write up a kick-butt character and take him out myself!)
-

Signed,
A lucky beginner (or a well supported one at least).

"Go, young hero! Seek adventure! Live the tale before it's told. Ever moving, ever searching: only those who rest grow old."