West, sorcery and chaos

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 14:03:57 +0300 (EET DST)

Ok. More questions on those logical westeners.

How aware of chaos are people? And what is chaos in the western worldview?

One thing that chaos is, I'd think, that it's also a versatile energy source. I loved the reference in G:IttHW about the ruling class of sorcerers who use chaos to power their magic.

I would think chaos power is easy tho get. Chaos by it's nature seeks to corrupt, and a willing soul will propably find it very easy to construct his/her spells using the runes of chaos as the nodes. I'd also assume that it's fairly easy to just channel raw chaos essense at somebody.

What keeps this in check? I've seen very little references to chaos in the material about the West. There are those delightful Borists, of course, and that brotherhood that specializes in saving souls from hell and chaos.

But what is the position of the churches? What was/is Zzaburs position on chaos? (given that the "Blue Book of Zzabur" is the basis of sorcery)

        -Adept