Re: Re: Campaign Characters

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 10:51:51 -0700

> Undoubtedly. But its interesting to note that the four most popular
> cults at present are all "Storm Tribe" cults already! Well, unless one
counts
> all the various forms of Orlanth as being a single cult, anyway (which
would
> seem a bit odd, IMO).

Well, they are all cults from HW that have been updated in ST is probably a better way of putting it. Since TR has only been out for the last couple months, it is unsurprising that "Storm Tribe" cults are popular, since they were those available in the basic set and so available for the last year. Squeezing together the various Orlanth entries into the HW designations, we get:

Orlanth Adventurous: 27

   Destor: 11
   Vanganth: 7
   Finovan: 5
   Drogarsi: 3
   Ormalayla (Hunter): 1
(20 if we drop Vanganth out as a separate aspect of Orlanth per HW 61).

Orlanth Thunderous: 14

   Ohorlanth: 5
   Hedkoranth: 4
   Helamakt: 3
   Yavor: 2
(10, if we drop Hedkoranth per HW 61)

Orlanth Rex (Allfather): 4

   Durev: 2
   Lawspeaker: 2

Ernalda has 5 total entries, two of which are undifferentiated.

It would be interesting to see how many older characters have been "updated" from HW's "Aspect" version to the TR subcult, as opposed to newly created using TR.

ST will see some "sharing" of subcults - for example, Minlister is shared between Orlanth & Ernalda (allowing both male & female brewers), which can complicate matters...

RR