Re: characters played

From: janjero_at_...
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 18:22:09 -0000

> I might suggest that KoDP seems not a bad way to help non-gamers to
> understand their gaming friends/spouses/offspring, as well.
>
> Long live the King! (At least until I can write up a kick-butt
> character and take him out myself!)
> -
>
> Signed,
> A lucky beginner (or a well supported one at least).

I envy this poster: but she has a significant advantage over my situation. She lives in an english speaking community. In Italy (and in my family and ring of friends) the fact that HeroWars and KoDP are in english is a major obstacle. For my wife it is a great obstacle (she plays Warcraft, for instance, because there the language is no problem, but in KoDP you simply can't).

This is not a critique to anyone. I like KoDP and use it as a Gloranthan Lore Encyclopaedia, but my situation is not that simple.

Ciao,
Gian