Re: why is everyone so down on Arkat?

From: gamartin_at_...
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 08:58:38 -0000

> One of the things I love, which appears again and again in
Glorathan is that
> the story you get depends on who you talk to. Arkat is liked and
hated by
> so many people that after nearly a thousand years it's almost
impossible
> to get the story straight.

Uurgh, I hate that. the real world has that problem in spades; in RPG I;d much rather just get the straight dirt and know that I am making informed decisions, instead of trying to piece together which bits are/may or are not/may not be "true". I have no interest in excavating another writers arcane easter egg hunt. I don;t mind the game world having mul;tiple and contradictopry information, but it annoyes me when a bunch opf contradictory stories become your ONLY information.