Whatever Happened to One True Glorantha

From: David Ford <diadochi_at_...>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 17:10:23 +0100

> > Uurgh, I hate that. the real world has that problem in spades;
> > in RPG I;d much rather just get the straight dirt and know that
> > I am making informed decisions, instead of trying to piece
> > together which bits are/may or are not/may not be "true". I
> > have no interest in excavating another writers arcane easter
> > egg hunt. I don;t mind the game world having mul;tiple and
> > contradictopry information, but it annoyes me when a bunch opf
> > contradictory stories become your ONLY information.
>
>Glorantha has always been like this. See Whatever Happened to One
>True Glorantha on www.etyries.com for evidence going back to at least
>RQ2.

The contradictory stories annoy me too.

I think it comes to personal choice on how you want/wish Glorantha to be.

Some people like the complications/mystery/multiple truths/myriad gods, others wish for a simpler/sharper/one-truth world. I personally like the latter, but many Glorantha lovers like the former.

I don't disagree with the basic facts of that webpage, but do feel its message is misleading for many people clearly do remember an one Glorantha, before the Elmal, Gregging and so forth.

In Glorantha terms, I am a traditionalist, who refutes the recent heroquests, and the views of my illuminated colleagues.

Dave