Names in the lunar empire

From: Posselt, Theo (US - Foster City) <"Posselt,>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 17:42:20 -0500

Folks,

In designing my 'Jillaran scenario', one challenged I faced was getting the sound of the names right for all the groups. Generally I like to model names on RW culture names, to prevent all the names from bleeding into a 'FRP generic' sound. So I came up with the following rough equivalencies:

Syliling: Gaelic/old irish
Rationale: IMG, the Alakoringite/Sairdite Heortlings have Celtic names, the Vingkotlings have Germanic names - just a way to tell them apart

Dara Happan: 'hard' Babylonian/Sumerian
Darjiinian: 'soft' Babylonian/Sumerian
Rationale: in line with GROY and Entekosiad, etc

Carmanian: Turkic
Rationale: those nasty ottomans seem about right for the Carmanians - although perhaps Persians would be better (with the Zoroastrian element)

Pelandan: ancient greek
Rationale: in line with current sources

New Pelorian/Lunar: Arabic
Rationale: Presumably new pelorian has different names. In any case, I assume many of the lunars have religio-political names, like 'The Moon is Great' (Rufelz-Akbar) or something like that.

I've come up with some lists of names, I'll post those in a minute... - This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. - If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.