Re: cleanliness [MODERATOR]

From: janjero_at_...
Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 11:58:36 -0000

(snipping)
> for an RPG standpoint. Casual plotting in a bath is certainly more
> interesting than the old Traveller/D&D/Shadowrun-ish 'You find
> yourself in a BAR, looking for a PATRON. He has a JOB which pays
FOUR
> COWS but there are COMPLICATIONS.'
>
> But I did find that tendency of everyone to consider their favorite
> culture (gloranthan or RL) clean and all the others less cleanly
> highly amusing.
>
> Jeff

Ah, Ah! Me, too.

I especially like your Spartacus quotation (snails and shells was it?). It is vivid, heroic in a cinematic sense and full of levantine double senses.
Very Lunar, in my opinion!

If Antoninus is a Drogarsi slave and Crassus is a Yanafali general, what is Spartacus? A Pentan? An Odaylan? A Destori? (...)

Gian