RE: Re: Subjective Glorantha

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 15:22:27 +0100

Gareth wrote:

> What bothers me is that quite a lot of these issues are being raised
> precisely because the people raising them are not Gloranthii of long
> standing, are not familiar with the Known Issues yet. To move such
> discussions to a forum which considers these on topic but boring as
> hell seems counterproductive.

I can see your point. The problem is that in the *experience* of a significant proportion of long-standing members of the Gloranthan online community, these discussions have *always* tended to become "boring as hell," and have *never* resulted in any productive outcome for anybody.

To suggest, therefore, that we should populate a mailing list intended for newcomers with this kind of dull, unproductive, largely semantic philosophical wrangling seems (to me, at any rate) utterly counterproductive.

Better, far better, to boot it across to an appropriate (if jaded) forum, which is -- at least -- not trying to be "newbie-friendly".

Please take any further questions about moderation policy to private email, where I can deal with them appropriately.

Cheers, Nick
HeroWars Moderator