Re: why is everyone so down on Arkat?

From: janjero_at_...
Date: Sat, 05 May 2001 08:20:45 -0000

> You're probaly not going to be terribly happy with the Hero Wars in
> Sartar then. There's a LOT of Argraths and they are all valid
rulers.
> Of course, its a multiple choice quiz. Just pick the Argrath that
SUITS
> your campaign style. And if one gets killed off as a part of plot,
> there are other Warlords in the wings.
>
> Do you want political machinations and Realpolitik? Go with Argrath
> Manikison
> Do you want funky draconic magics? Go with Argrath Dragontooth
> Do you want some high-end Orlanth magic? Go with (name blank drawn)
> Do you want adventure and questing? Go with Garreth Swordsharp.
> Do you want a barbarian sitting on the bloodstained throne a-la
Conan?
> Go with Argrath Whitebull
>
> Your Argraths may vary! Mine do.

In my campaign I have a further idea about multiple Argrath, but I can't explains it right now, since from the first of May (or roughly so) one of my players/comrades has joined the list. Let me just say that the idea , I think, is not matchable with the renown Gwandor Campaing, but I hope it is with the Sartar Rising Sourcebook (it _is_ from what I have read about Argrath/Arkat up to this day).

I am proud to say that I have brought a player on the list, out of the deep individualism of my campaign, but I am even curious to see how much time does it take for a newbie Italian on the list who has played in Glorantha for 12 years to be willing to post himself :-)

Ciao, Giorgio!

Gianfranco