(Arkat)"Hello Glorantha" from a 'new' player

From: Giorgio Merigo <g_merigo_at_...>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2001 12:33:28 +0200

>> Your Argraths may vary! Mine do.
>
>In my campaign I have a further idea about multiple Argrath, but I
>can't explains it right now, since from the first of May (or roughly
>so) one of my players/comrades has joined the list. Let me just say
>that the idea , I think, is not matchable with the renown Gwandor
>Campaing, but I hope it is with the Sartar Rising Sourcebook (it _is_
>from what I have read about Argrath/Arkat up to this day).
>
>I am proud to say that I have brought a player on the list, out of
>the deep individualism of my campaign, but I am even curious to see
>how much time does it take for a newbie Italian on the list who has
>played in Glorantha for 12 years to be willing to post himself :-)
>
>Ciao, Giorgio!

***blush***
argh, you found it out?
I think I have to talk with that damned tricky halfling Milo fast hand (long tongue, hairy foot, smoothwalker, or whatever you want to call him) and his damned trickster devices... He assured me that I could spy you off without being noticed...

....however dear Gian, time passes and I think it has been even more than 12 years ...

I had been waiting to post myself for I don't really know how to intervene in the present discussions. I feel very sure of what happened in our campaigns, but I lack a broader vision of Glorantha and this is why I was just reading trying to learn and to understend how this mailing list works.

When we started, many years ago, we were coming out from years of D&D and some tests with Call of Chtulhu.
In the first test campaign with RQ everyone of our characters made a very bad end of his/her existence but this helped us in understanding the difference between a 'videogame' and a true role-playing game.

We played both RQ and CoC alternating them, but it was soon clear that we all preferred the former.

My first true character had been Richenel Ariquin, a Seshnelan Rokari "knight" of noble origin, but not very brightminded, not at all, it was both easy and difficult to play 'cause everybody could convince him of many things, but he was so loyal to some persons or his god and so goodhearted that he could be sometimes not predictable. I just let him live in peace in the small island of Harras in Teshnos after many years in Prax.
He is now happily married with the princess of that island (priestess of Xentha!!!!!)
...ask Gianfranco how all this could happen, but don't forget he has always been both good hearted and very simpleminded....ops, not Gianfranco, my character I mean ;o)
His best skills (HW version) when I left him were: 1w2 - Devotion to Invisible God (and probably this helps him so far from home)

13w1 - Horse fighting
16w1 - Identify from distance
1w2  - Close combat  (Mace and shield, Bastard sword)
15w1 - Range combat  (Comp. bow)
15w1 - Wealth
9w1  - Meditation  (HeroPlane link)

At present I still play an Adept sorcerer (Horen Eel Garyd) who is living in Prax near the river Zola Fel halfway between Corflu and Sundome. He is the lone kind of sorcerer though he likes and trusts some old friends of his (not necessarily PCs). He is complete atheist (sort of Zzaburite philosophy?)

At the moment I am concentrating the most on my Lhankor Mhy character however (Zarrus Calypse).
He began not rich and just expert in masonry, but his clever mind could not accept to do just that and as he was not skillfull in war arts and not very agile, he soon discovered that his ideal was to learn and study. After many many adventures, most of them Chaos-related he began writing down treaties and notes on his general theory about Chaos, why it exists and how it works...(not truly orthodox)

Probably my first true post will be related to this character as I need to compare some playing experience and ideas other than our group's

For instance, are there any hints or higlights you could give me about Lhankor Mhy with the new HW vision?

I cheer you all and thank you for your patience most sincerely

Giorgio