Re: Re: West, Sorcery and Chaos

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 14:27:17 +0300 (EET DST)

On Sat, 5 May 2001 janjero_at_... wrote:

> > of fun with this. When the rest of the world was celebrating in
> > the Millenium-party, I ran an apocalyptic Glorantha game for my
> > hard-core RPG friends (yes, you can call me a geek now).
> (snip)
> >
> > -Adept : feeling verbouse
>
> I forgot to mention, when I read this one three days ago. A good
> plot, Mikko.
> I'm going to use it, is some way or another. Possibly not in the
> SPHollow, but maybe at Than Ulbar or Krialkji Bog or Devil's
> Playground or somewhere else. It seems easy to be used anywhere a
> chaotic-abundant place is located, right?

Yup. I was playing mind-games with myself with the Malkioni (Law / Chaos, and the Praxian spirits of law / truestone and such...)

The wizard had come east because the of hints that the strange essense he had captured (the spirit of law) was from the east. Any area with manifest chaos would do.

> THe sorcere could even be a Good Lawful Guy, trying to quench the
> chaos down , with excellent intentions but terrible backfires. Or he
> could be there to hide from a terrible enemy, something like Yoda on
> his planet (where a dark source of the Force is present).

This guy difinitely believed he was on firm moral ground... or at the worst solid gray. He had taken control of the filthy and corrupted creatures in the area, and when he would have left, he intended to kill them all off.

In the area where the PC:s found him, he had dug a circular tunnel some 10 meters long from the cavern he was living in. He had managed to dominate a krarstkid, and made it dig through the rock towards the highest concentration of raw chaos he could feel. At the end of the tunnel, separated by less than a meter of rock, was a part of the body of the Great White Worm (from Snakepipe Hollow supplement).

The cave the Wizard and his apprentice lived in, by the way, was nicely decorated in expensive cloths and cushions. He had set his newfound minions to raid caravans coming to Alda-Chur, since he could not bothered to take time off his experiments and go shopping. :)

        -Adept