Re: (Arkat)"Hello Glorantha" from a 'new' player

From: janjero_at_...
Date: Sat, 05 May 2001 12:03:41 -0000

> I think I have to talk with that damned tricky halfling Milo fast
hand
> (long tongue, hairy foot, smoothwalker, or whatever you want to
call him)
> and his damned trickster devices... He assured me that I could spy
you off
> without being noticed...

His magic doesn't work outside our Glorantha, because Halflings do not exist (possibly) in "official Glorantha".

> In the first test campaign with RQ everyone of our characters made
a very
> bad end of his/her existence but this helped us in understanding the
> difference between a 'videogame' and a true role-playing game.

Yes, but the first test was a RQ test. Not in Glorantha, but in a world of mine (called Auromania) where we used the RQ3 rules.

> We played both RQ and CoC alternating them, but it was soon clear
that we
> all preferred the former.

The turn over of the characters at CoC was alarmingly high.

> I just let him live in peace in the small island of Harras in
Teshnos after
> many years in Prax.
> He is now happily married with the princess of that island
(priestess of
> Xentha!!!!!)

Richenel can never be brought outside our Glorantha, because Arras Island and the cult of Xentha in Teshnos are not possible, I deem, in "published Glorantha".

> been both good hearted and very simpleminded....ops, not
Gianfranco, my
> character I mean ;o)

I am noted for impossibly intrigued plots, among my friends... Ah, and for my nitpicking 10WW (almost heroic)

> His best skills (HW version) when I left him were:
> 1w2 - Devotion to Invisible God (and probably this helps him so
far from> home)
> 13w1 - Horse fighting

Cavalry fighting/Horsemanship (he used that ability also to train horses)
> 16w1 - Identify from distance
> 1w2 - Close combat (Mace and shield, Bastard sword)
Twohanded sword.

> 15w1 - Range combat (Comp. bow)

Learnt in Prax: it is not a Rokari technique, of course.

> 15w1 - Wealth

_After_ he married the Princess

> 9w1 - Meditation (HeroPlane link)

Otherside link (sorry, Giorgio: this is much difficult for the absolute majority of players, these days)

> At present I still play an Adept sorcerer (Horen Eel Garyd) who is

Maximum Game Fun: he is related with the eel-ariash clan (though his mother), but he doesn't want to waste time in politics! He doesn't know how much politics _are_ going to waste time with him *evil chucle*.

Ciao,
Gian