Re: Argraths

From: TTrotsky_at_...
Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 08:30:13 EDT

Mikko:

<< > No. I didn't miss the point. Kallyr's fate is brought by deeds that
> come back to haunt her. There are prices to pay for power. And some
> prices are very high.

 I'm with Olli here, but I suppose it's because I'm a simulationist and not a storyteller. I don't want to tell stories, I want to watch them unfold and tell themselves.

 In my Glorantha I don't know what will become of the young redhead called Kallyr. Heck, it's still 1600 ST, and I don't even know if Sartar will fall. I have a player playing the lunar Stategos responsible for the Dragonpass front though, and he seems pretty determined. >>

    Absolutely. I'd be very disappointed if Sartar Rising (or its sequel) says 'Kallyr must die, even if it would ruin your game', but I think this is a bit unlikely - and I'm sure people would ignore it even if it did! I'd be a little disappointed if it doesn't include options for a 'Kallyr survives' game, although somewhat less so, given that, as an author, I'm well aware of the space considerations in books and anyway, it'll be easy enough to deduce from the 'Your [Vingan] PC becomes Argrath' options.

    We've heard statements from a number of Issaries people that the books are not intended to restrict our creativity, and I see no reason to doubt them. So I suspect you're taking Jeff's comments rather more literally than he intended them to be taken :-)

Trotsky